Aiken survived Bluffton's early pressure and its late game push on Wednesday to advance to the second round of the Class AAAA playoffs.
Locked in a tie ball game with Marlboro County heading into the fourth quarter Tuesday night, the Aiken High girls' basketball team started doing the things it hadn't necessarily done consistently all season.
NORTH AUGUSTA — Jim Bob Bryant, a North Carolina native with coaching experience around North Carolina and Georgia, is the new head football coach at North Augusta High School, having been introduced Thursday evening in an event at TrueNorth Church, near the Yellow Jackets' home base.
Three longtime members of Chris Hamilton's South Aiken football program capped their respective recruiting processes Wednesday by signing off on offers they simply couldn't refuse.
The South Aiken wrestling team won the Region 5-AAAA tournament championship over the weekend and qualified 13 wrestlers for the Lower State tournament later this month in Bluffton.
NORTH AUGUSTA — C.J. Tillman, Ryan Chavous and Jatonious Butler celebrated a milestone at Fox Creek High School on Wednesday morning, putting pens to paper to confirm their plans to play football at the collegiate level. Dozens of players, coaches, family members and friends were part of an…
BARNWELL — Five seniors from one of the most successful classes in the Barnwell football program's history are headed to college.
WAGENER — Two top contributors from the Wagener-Salley football program's most successful senior class signed Wednesday to take their winning attitudes to the collegiate level.
MONETTA — The feeling was amazing Wednesday for Ridge Spring-Monetta's Tray Dean, even if he was still a little shocked about where he was signing to play college football.
During the senior night ceremony prior to South Aiken’s wrestling match against Airport, several of the Thoroughbred seniors had listed winning a region championship last year as their favorite memory.
Thursday afternoon was a bittersweet one for the Aiken High baseball program, as is the norm when high schools hold signing ceremonies for their college-bound athletes.
- Owner plans to relocate, expand popular barbecue restaurant
- Driver charged after crashing into Aiken County school bus
- Aiken County man sentenced to 24 years for drug conspiracy
- Aiken County man charged in human trafficking investigation
- Tiger unveils menu for Champions Dinner at Masters
- North Augusta man charged in domestic violence case involving woman, juvenile
- Savannah River Site emergency prompted by vehicle that triggered explosives warning
- North Augusta man charged in Edgefield County fatal hit and run
- Aiken man facing multiple forgery charges
- Warrenville man charged with criminal sexual conduct involving multiple juvenile victims
- Battle of Aiken 2020
- Sunday Best: GEM Dinner
- School Day: Battle of Aiken
- Ash Wednesday
- Men's Basketball: LSU at South Carolina
- Headlines in Aiken History — Feb. 24
- Most Wanted by Aiken County Sheriff's Office: Feb. 19
- Headlines in Aiken History — Feb. 26
- Headlines in Aiken History — Feb. 23
- Men's Basketball: USC Aiken at Augusta