The transition from college football's regular season to its postseason also means it's awards season, and former prep stars from the Aiken Standard coverage area earned plenty of accolades this year.
Fourteen area prep football players appeared on the inaugural S.C. Football Coaches all-state teams, which were released Monday.
COLUMBIA —The Warhorses ultimate shot at redemption in the Class AA state championship game quickly turned into a deja vu moment at Charles W. Johnson stadium on Friday.
Limping into the playoffs on a two-game losing streak, Saluda head football coach Stewart Young gathered his players and fellow coaches to tell them about something he had noticed.
The Ridge Spring-Monetta football team wouldn't be playing for a state championship Friday night at Benedict College if not for wins the last two weeks at Blackville-Hilda and Wagener-Salley.
BARNWELL — The Warhorses did what they set out to do.
Barnwell turned up the pressure in the second half of Friday night’s Class AA Lower State championship game and defeated Oceanside to get back the state championship game for the second year in a row.
Barnwell has been here before. The Warhorses have played in the Class AA Lower State championship game in each of the past three years. The only difference this time is the opponent isn't one of the traditional names Class AA fans have come to expect.
Tuesday afternoon was a nice time for a little football practice, with the sun shining, the skies clear and the temperature more than fair for late November.
- 'There will be more to come': Aiken County Sheriff comments following 18 drug arrests in a week
- Business Roundup: French restaurant in bakery set to open in spring in Aiken
- Windsor man charged with striking victim with machete
- Election 2020: The gun debate
- FOTAS: Owner of bonded cats moved away without them
- Irene Curtis: Mentor, teacher and childhood friend of Martin Luther King Jr.
- 'We know about soul': Biden campaign visits North Augusta
- Three illegal stash house investigations leads to multiple arrests
- Top county spellers to compete in annual Spelling Bee
- Aiken Chamber of Commerce celebrates SRS, top businesses at annual gala