Three area high school football players will represent their schools in December as North-South all-stars in the Touchstone Energy Cooperatives Bowl.
Area high school swimmers saved some of their best performances for last this past weekend at the South Carolina High School League's state championship meets.
Thank you for participating in the Chick-fil-A Fan Favorite Player of the Week vote. The Week 7 winner is Ridge Spring Monetta Running Back Collier Sullivan. Check back next week for another chance to to vote.
Kenneth Freeman deferred to his players following Friday night's win over Aiken, his first victory as Midland Valley's head football coach.
It's a landmark win for him, sure, but those players had been waiting even longer to get back in the win column.
JOHNSTON — There was a two-minute stretch during Friday night's game between Strom Thurmond and Swansea that was competitive.
Outside of those two minutes, it was all Strom Thurmond.
Strom Thurmond's football team has pushed all the right buttons so far. The offense has been prolific, the defense has been one of the stingiest in the area.
MONETTA — Ridge Spring-Monetta head football coach Brian Smith has noticed his players making a short migration after finishing up practice.
The guys discuss a big week of games including the Aiken vs. South Aiken rivalry matchup. Also region play gets started for the non-Class A area schools.
South Aiken volleyball coach Cassie McKie didn't sense much panic from her T-Breds on Tuesday night at Aiken High.
Even though they were trying to pull off a very rare season sweep of the Hornets, and even though Aiken refused to go down without a fight, McKie saw her players stay composed and be leaders.
Wagener-Salley head football coach Willie Fox summed up this Friday's matchup with Blackville-Hilda in five simple words:
Strom Thurmond's defense continues to force a lot of turnovers. Ryan Chavous continues to score a lot of touchdowns. Barnwell and Wagener-Salley continue to be really good. The guys discuss all of these topics and more in this week's episode.
- Police respond to armed robbery at business on Aiken's Southside
- Warrenville man charged with impersonating police officer
- Aiken County Animal Shelter hits critical capacity level
- Gloverville man killed in accident
- North Carolina woman dies in car accident on I-20
- Hundreds predicted to be hired as Savannah River Site poised to grow
- Aiken man charged with stealing car with passenger asleep in the back
- Presidential hopeful Sen. Kamala Harris jabs at Trump during Aiken County town hall
- Aiken man charged with attempted murder
- Aiken County finalizing plans to contact landowners affected by Whiskey Road stormwater drainage project
- Aiken County Animal Shelter pets for adoption for Oct. 19
- Aiken County Animal Shelter Overflow
- Aiken City Limits 2019
- Most Wanted by Aiken County Sheriff's Office: Oct. 18
- Cumbee Center Cook Off
- College Football: Florida vs. South Carolina
- Week 8: South Aiken at North Augusta
- Fair's opening day
- Aiken County Animal Shelter pets for adoption for Oct. 12