The South Carolina High School League has filed a motion to dismiss a lawsuit filed by SCHSL private schools and public charter schools, including Fox Creek.
South Aiken's Abby Demedicis admitted Wednesday morning at her signing ceremony that making the leap from high school soccer to the college level is a bit nerve-wracking, but still really exciting.
Fox Creek High School is listed among the plaintiffs in a lawsuit filed against the South Carolina High School League over recently-approved rule changes affecting public charter and prominent private schools.
The expectations couldn't have been much higher heading into the track and field season for Aiken High senior LaToria Robinson, and she came into the spring right on schedule.
A long and occasionally frustrating recruiting process during a senior year that's been anything but normal had its official happy ending Friday for Aiken High's Darin Parker.
Aiken High senior Elizabeth Colon-LaBorde had been looking forward to her college signing, so it didn't really matter that her ceremony Thursday morning was a bit different than the norm.
The decision was inevitable, but that didn't make it sting any less for area coaches, athletes and fans when the spring sports season and athletic year ended Wednesday.
Two area high school football coaches made big steps forward professionally, with announcements coming Wednesday of moves at North Augusta, Williston-Elko and Barnwell high schools.
Fox Creek sophomore offensive lineman Nick Williams is getting an early introduction to major college football recruiting and its breakneck pace.
Spring sports are on hold until at least April 30, the South Carolina High School League announced Thursday, in compliance with S.C. Gov. Henry McMaster's executive order closing schools through the end of the month.
The South Carolina High School League on Monday announced the suspension of all spring sport activities through April 5 in response to the outbreak of the new coronavirus.
NORTH AUGUSTA — Al Young, P'eris Smith, Ansley Gartell and dozens of their neighbors celebrated another milestone in familiar territory Friday morning, gathering in North Augusta High School's gymnasium to look back at the 2019-20 basketball season — a campaign that reached its zenith Saturd…
The sports calendar in the Aiken Standard coverage area was all but wiped clean Friday as more cancellations and suspensions were announced in response to the outbreak of coronavirus.
Al Young questioned at times during the season whether his North Augusta girls' basketball team could get back to a fourth consecutive state championship game.
The North Augusta girls won't be the only basketball players with local ties hitting the court this weekend at the South Carolina High School League's state championship games.
North Augusta girls' basketball coach Al Young told his players that the home crowd they opened the playoffs in front of would be the easiest one they'd face.
Aiken survived Bluffton's early pressure and its late game push on Wednesday to advance to the second round of the Class AAAA playoffs.
Locked in a tie ball game with Marlboro County heading into the fourth quarter Tuesday night, the Aiken High girls' basketball team started doing the things it hadn't necessarily done consistently all season.
- Aiken man, woman charged with sexually assaulting horse
- Aiken woman charged with sharing explicit video of victim on social media
- 'No justice! No peace!': Peaceful protesters march in solidarity for George Floyd in downtown Aiken
- Protests over Floyd's death sparks violence, curfews in S.C.
- 'They deserve to be loved': Foster care awareness highlighted in the month of May
- Rest Master Bedding goes out of business in North Augusta
- Class of 2020 parades through downtown Aiken to celebrate graduation
- Kenneth Leverett was known for providing 'great service'
- Aiken County primary guide: Who's running, for what office, and why?
- 2 new coronavirus cases confirmed in Aiken County; 331 new cases in S.C.
- Peaceful protest, march in Aiken
- Weekly top residence sales for Aiken County May 5-8
- Creativity on Display at Fox Creek
- Roadside Produce Stands in High Gear
- A Moment in the Sun for Bulldogs
- Food Giveaway
- Pups and Suds
- Headlines in Aiken History — May 31
- Most Wanted by Aiken County Sheriff's Office: May 29
- Headlines in Aiken History — May 30