The 2019 season opens with a Barnwell County rivalry matchup between the Barnwell Warhorses and the Williston-Elko Blue Devils.
Derek Youngblood knows that, on paper, his Williston-Elko Blue Devils are facing a tall task Friday night to kick off high school football season.
Aiken Standard sports reporter Kyle Dawson and Multimedia Editor Eric Russell discuss the first week of football in the Aiken, Barnwell and Edgefield area.
The area's Class 2A teams feature some unknowns and one team with great expectations. The latter is something the area's lone Class 3A team is also familiar with.
Wagener-Salley enters the season as the favorite in Region 3-A after claiming the region title last year. The War Eagles bring back a lot of the talent from that team.
The first S.C. Prep Football Media Poll of the season is out, and eight area teams are either ranked or are receiving votes in their respective classifications.
The Aiken Standard is unveiling the 10 athletes who were selected to The Standard 10, which are the top 10 area high school football players to watch this season.
Olajuwon Paige has a tall task in front of him. The former Aiken High football star is back at his alma mater as head coach. He was hired this summer to take over the program.
There are some unknowns surrounding the Midland Valley football program, but one thing is certain, the Mustangs will enter the 2019 season with a new head coach and a new approach.
Rennie Chavis isn't exaggerating when she says she's been riding horses for pretty much her entire life. Her first ride came when she was just 6 months old.
Clear skies Thursday Morning allowed the South Carolina Coaches Association of Women's Sports softball all-stars to finally take the field.
Ryan Brash has been playing baseball for most of his life, but as his senior season at South Aiken High School drew to a close, he realized he couldn’t just end there. He knew he had more running, hitting and pitching left in him.
Aiken High School head football coach and athletic director J.W. Montgomery is resigning after two years with the program in order to spend more time with his family.
PETTICOAT JUNCTION — Through years of hard work and determination, DeMarcus Lawrence created an opportunity for himself to give to the community something he never had.
The Aiken Standard hosted its second annual Best of Prep Sports Awards Friday night at the Convocation Center with the help of Dallas Cowboys defensive end DeMarcus Lawrence.
Eight area high school softball players earned All-State honors from the South Carolina Coaches Association of Women's Sports, and two were also selected to play in next month's North-South All-Star games at USC Aiken.
There's a diverse group of players vying for the 2019 Boys' Basketball Player of the Year award. North Augusta's RJ Felton, Strom Thurmond's Jamarvious Jones, Silver Bluff's Latavian Lawrence and Williston-Elko's Desmond Murray are all finalist for the award.
- National lab employee pulled from radiological work following quarterly check
- Man charged with providing false information in June 2018 murder in Aiken
- Police bookings for Aug. 17
- Man found hiding in teen’s closet with drugs faces sex assault charge
- New species of prehistoric shark discovered in Aiken
- Nuclear Weapons Council briefed on plutonium pits, tritium during SRS, LANL meetings
- Democrat Elizabeth Warren discusses purpose, policies at USC Aiken rally
- New Gregg-Graniteville Foundation executive director wants to make a difference in the community
- Elizabeth Warren: 'Coherent plan' needed for nuclear waste storage, not Yucca Mountain
- Column: Triggering the Google social credit system
- Most Wanted by Aiken County Sheriff's Office: Aug. 16
- First day of school in Aiken County 2019
- Weekly top residence sales for Aiken County for Aug. 2 - Aug. 8
- First Day of School with Dr Sean Alford
- JV Volleyball Jamboree
- Readers share first-day-of-school photos
- True To Your SOLE STEM & Sneaker Extravaganza
- Football: 2019 Aiken County Scrimmage
- USC Aiken: First Day of Classes
- Saluting the "Greatest Generation"