Barnwell head coach Dwayne Garrick knows he can line Dallyon Creech up anywhere on the field and be confident in the junior's playmaking ability. That came in handy last week.
Sometimes it takes a football player a while to get into a groove to start the season. It didn't take Silver Bluff running back Jimmie Foreman long at all.
Of course there were nerves; what player wouldn't have them ahead of his first start as QB1? Head coach Dwayne Garrick calmed those by telling Craig Pender he would be a team captain for Barnwell's season opener against Williston-Elko.
Even in a football region as loaded at Region 5-AA, there was one game to circle before the season started as the one to watch: Barnwell at Batesburg-Leesville.
It may not have been exactly the start North Augusta wanted Friday night in its rivalry game against Strom Thurmond. The Yellow Jackets were trailing early after a turnover, and there were too many missed connections in their usually-efficient passing game.
Much of what makes Barnwell's run game so strong is its balance. The Warhorses are deep in the backfield, their runners possessing complementary skills, and they have a powerful offensive line clearing the way.
Landon Washington and DeJuan Bell just barely missed hooking up for a wide-open touchdown pass early in North Augusta's Week Three game against Lexington. Another attempt connected shortly after, but it was called back for holding.
North Augusta starting quarterback Landon Washington and his fellow Yellow Jackets aren't trying to be a talkative team out on the field.
To call the 2016 football season a breakout campaign for DeJuan Bell might be an understatement. Bell was an integral part of what North Augusta did on both offense and defense, starting with a Player-of-the-Week worthy performance in the opening week and ending as the leading receiver on the team.
Barnwell was able to overwhelm opponents all of last season because it was simply deeper than most of its Class AA counterparts. The Warhorses’ depth chart had four different running backs with more than 100 carries on the season, and they combined for an average of 303.4 yards rushing per g…
While his inclusion on The Standard 10 countdown may be an introduction to Tre Moore for some high school football fans, others have already taken note of the Strom Thurmond High School defensive end. Unfortunately for opposing offensive players, their first encounter with Moore is often in …
Landon Washington already has a pair of seasons in which he eclipsed the 1,500-yard and 2,000-yard passing marks, and he's in search of another big number this year.
- National lab employee pulled from radiological work following quarterly check
- Man found hiding in teen’s closet with drugs faces sex assault charge
- New species of prehistoric shark discovered in Aiken
- Police bookings for Aug. 17
- Democrat Elizabeth Warren discusses purpose, policies at USC Aiken rally
- New Gregg-Graniteville Foundation executive director wants to make a difference in the community
- Man charged with providing false information in June 2018 murder in Aiken
- ENGAGEMENT: Sams — Decaux
- Coroner's Office investigating death in North Augusta following possible electrocution
- Elizabeth Warren: 'Coherent plan' needed for nuclear waste storage, not Yucca Mountain
- Most Wanted by Aiken County Sheriff's Office: Aug. 16
- First day of school in Aiken County 2019
- Weekly top residence sales for Aiken County for Aug. 2 - Aug. 8
- First Day of School with Dr Sean Alford
- True To Your SOLE STEM & Sneaker Extravaganza
- Football: 2019 Aiken County Scrimmage
- JV Volleyball Jamboree
- Readers share first-day-of-school photos
- Saluting the "Greatest Generation"
- Sunday Best: One Team