Barnwell head coach Dwayne Garrick knows he can line Dallyon Creech up anywhere on the field and be confident in the junior's playmaking ability. That came in handy last week.
Sometimes it takes a football player a while to get into a groove to start the season. It didn't take Silver Bluff running back Jimmie Foreman long at all.
Of course there were nerves; what player wouldn't have them ahead of his first start as QB1? Head coach Dwayne Garrick calmed those by telling Craig Pender he would be a team captain for Barnwell's season opener against Williston-Elko.
Even in a football region as loaded at Region 5-AA, there was one game to circle before the season started as the one to watch: Barnwell at Batesburg-Leesville.
It may not have been exactly the start North Augusta wanted Friday night in its rivalry game against Strom Thurmond. The Yellow Jackets were trailing early after a turnover, and there were too many missed connections in their usually-efficient passing game.
Much of what makes Barnwell's run game so strong is its balance. The Warhorses are deep in the backfield, their runners possessing complementary skills, and they have a powerful offensive line clearing the way.
Landon Washington and DeJuan Bell just barely missed hooking up for a wide-open touchdown pass early in North Augusta's Week Three game against Lexington. Another attempt connected shortly after, but it was called back for holding.
North Augusta starting quarterback Landon Washington and his fellow Yellow Jackets aren't trying to be a talkative team out on the field.
To call the 2016 football season a breakout campaign for DeJuan Bell might be an understatement. Bell was an integral part of what North Augusta did on both offense and defense, starting with a Player-of-the-Week worthy performance in the opening week and ending as the leading receiver on the team.
Barnwell was able to overwhelm opponents all of last season because it was simply deeper than most of its Class AA counterparts. The Warhorses’ depth chart had four different running backs with more than 100 carries on the season, and they combined for an average of 303.4 yards rushing per g…
While his inclusion on The Standard 10 countdown may be an introduction to Tre Moore for some high school football fans, others have already taken note of the Strom Thurmond High School defensive end. Unfortunately for opposing offensive players, their first encounter with Moore is often in …
Landon Washington already has a pair of seasons in which he eclipsed the 1,500-yard and 2,000-yard passing marks, and he's in search of another big number this year.
- Aiken County Animal Shelter hits critical capacity level
- Gloverville man killed in accident
- North Carolina woman dies in car accident on I-20
- Presidential hopeful Sen. Kamala Harris jabs at Trump during Aiken County town hall
- Hundreds predicted to be hired as Savannah River Site poised to grow
- Aiken man charged with attempted murder
- Cynthia Mitchell: Creating connections between law enforcement and the Aiken community
- Aiken ranked among South Carolina's 'worst driving' cities
- Five men arrested in North Augusta on drug charges
- Ghosts of Edgefield's past come to life in 'Resurrection'
- Aiken County Animal Shelter pets for adoption for Oct. 19
- Aiken County Animal Shelter Overflow
- Aiken City Limits 2019
- Cumbee Center Cook Off
- College Football: Florida vs. South Carolina
- Most Wanted by Aiken County Sheriff's Office: Oct. 18
- Week 8: South Aiken at North Augusta
- Fair's opening day
- Aiken County Animal Shelter pets for adoption for Oct. 12