Phase 2 in South Carolina's return to high school sports remains out of reach – casting doubt over a fall season – and South Carolina High School League commissioner Jerome Singleton said Thursday that a Phase 1.5 is a possible mid-point as targeted starting dates for competition draw nearer.
A judge ruled in favor of public charter and private high schools Monday in a lawsuit against the South Carolina High School League, granting an injunction that would push back amendments those schools deemed to be illegal and "contrary to the League's mission and purpose".
Fifteen minor league baseball teams, including the Augusta GreenJackets have filed a lawsuit alleging breach of contract by insurance providers after being denied claims for business-interruption insurance due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Monday called for a different kind of game plan from Aiken County high school coaches, but it was one just as important as a blueprint for a rivalry and championship game.
North Augusta's boys' soccer program checked off all the boxes for Michael Vaughan, who is taking over as head coach of the two-time defending region champion Yellow Jackets.
GRANITEVILLE — It didn't happen the way they imagined, but Wednesday night was still a night worth celebrating for Midland Valley's baseball seniors.
HICKORY, N.C. — Lenoir-Rhyne women's basketball head coach Grahm Smith has announced the hiring of Aiken High grad Audrey Timmerman as the program's associate head coach.
Nike announced Saturday night that it is canceling the remainder of its Elite Youth Basketball League season, including North Augusta's Peach Jam.
A potentially life-changing senior season may have been cut short, but Aiken High's LaToria Robinson had one last strong finishing kick and was left smiling at the end.
The South Carolina High School League has filed a motion to dismiss a lawsuit filed by SCHSL private schools and public charter schools, including Fox Creek.
South Aiken's Abby Demedicis admitted Wednesday morning at her signing ceremony that making the leap from high school soccer to the college level is a bit nerve-wracking, but still really exciting.
Fox Creek High School is listed among the plaintiffs in a lawsuit filed against the South Carolina High School League over recently-approved rule changes affecting public charter and prominent private schools.
The expectations couldn't have been much higher heading into the track and field season for Aiken High senior LaToria Robinson, and she came into the spring right on schedule.
A long and occasionally frustrating recruiting process during a senior year that's been anything but normal had its official happy ending Friday for Aiken High's Darin Parker.
Aiken High senior Elizabeth Colon-LaBorde had been looking forward to her college signing, so it didn't really matter that her ceremony Thursday morning was a bit different than the norm.
Following a delay caused by the coronavirus pandemic, the Aiken Polo Club is hoping to get its spring season underway soon after May 15.
This summer's South Carolina Dixie Youth Baseball State Tournaments have been canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic, according to a statement Wednesday from State Director Paul McCulloch.
Seventy-nine years ago Monday, the mercurial chestnut colt Whirlaway romped down the stretch at Churchill Downs to win the Kentucky Derby in record fashion to begin an iconic summer.
- Aiken City Council passes emergency ordinance that mandates masks
- Aiken Mayor Rick Osbon tests positive for coronavirus
- 10-year-old dies in fire; Langley man charged with arson
- Royal Aikenites membership doing ‘as much good as we can’ in the community
- Aiken City Council meets Monday for vote on mask mandate ordinances
- DHEC reports 62 new virus cases in Aiken County, first MIS-C cases associated with COVID-19 in S.C.
- Owner of popular Aiken restaurants dies
- Two Bank of America branches temporarily closed in Aiken County
- Parents respond to school proposal with concerns, logistical questions
- Recovery Road celebrates first graduates at ceremony
- Weekly top residence sales for Aiken County June 12-18
- Major Step on Road to Recovery
- A Fresh Face in the Priesthood
- New Nest for Pickleball Players
- 45th annual Palmetto Amateur
- BLM Aiken Movement weekly march in downtown Aiken
- Headlines in Aiken History — July 12
- Headlines in Aiken History — July 13
- Most Wanted by Aiken County Sheriff's Office: July 3
- Aiken's Choice 2020 honors favorite people, places, businesses