The 2019 season opens with a Barnwell County rivalry matchup between the Barnwell Warhorses and the Williston-Elko Blue Devils.
Derek Youngblood knows that, on paper, his Williston-Elko Blue Devils are facing a tall task Friday night to kick off high school football season.
Aiken Standard sports reporter Kyle Dawson and Multimedia Editor Eric Russell discuss the first week of football in the Aiken, Barnwell and Edgefield area.
Kyle Kaufelds knew it was going to be a good day after his first throw of the javelin at the USATF Hershey National Junior Olympic Track & Field Championships.
The United States Golf Association has awarded a $5,000 grant to The First Tee of Aiken to further their efforts of introducing life skills and the game of golf to young people. The grant is one of 25 being awarded nationwide to chapters located in or around USGA Championships and Allied Gol…
The area's Class 2A teams feature some unknowns and one team with great expectations. The latter is something the area's lone Class 3A team is also familiar with.
Wagener-Salley enters the season as the favorite in Region 3-A after claiming the region title last year. The War Eagles bring back a lot of the talent from that team.
The first S.C. Prep Football Media Poll of the season is out, and eight area teams are either ranked or are receiving votes in their respective classifications.
The Aiken Standard is unveiling the 10 athletes who were selected to The Standard 10, which are the top 10 area high school football players to watch this season.
Olajuwon Paige has a tall task in front of him. The former Aiken High football star is back at his alma mater as head coach. He was hired this summer to take over the program.
There are some unknowns surrounding the Midland Valley football program, but one thing is certain, the Mustangs will enter the 2019 season with a new head coach and a new approach.
Barnwell wasted little time getting back to work for the 2019 season. The Warhorses made an appearance in the Class AA state championship, but the season ended with a 48-14 loss at the hands of Abbeville in that game.
It's always welcomed by coaches to have a large senior class of experienced players. The other side of that is the fact that when those players graduate, there's a lot of replacements that need to be made.
Aiken's Kevin Kisner locked up one of his biggest career wins Sunday, and it had little to do with his position on the leaderboard at The Northern Trust.
NORTH AUGUSTA — Augusta GreenJackets starting pitcher Seth Corry has been named the South Atlantic League Pitcher of the Week for the second time this season.
After coming up a game shy of a state baseball championship two years in a row, just making it to Citizens Park this summer was sweet enough for Sumter's 13U All-Stars.
Tuesday was a rough day at the Dixie Boys World Series for the Aiken 14Us, who came into the day with a chance to put themselves in a position for a championship but left with two consecutive losses that ended their run earlier than planned.
Storms early Sunday caused hours of delays at the Dixie Boys and Junior Dixie Boys World Series, adding to an already-packed Monday schedule.
Boosted by strong performances from riders with close ties to Aiken, the U.S. team was in first place Saturday after the cross-country phase of the eventing competition at the Pan American Games.
- National lab employee pulled from radiological work following quarterly check
- Man charged with providing false information in June 2018 murder in Aiken
- Police bookings for Aug. 17
- Man found hiding in teen’s closet with drugs faces sex assault charge
- New species of prehistoric shark discovered in Aiken
- Nuclear Weapons Council briefed on plutonium pits, tritium during SRS, LANL meetings
- Democrat Elizabeth Warren discusses purpose, policies at USC Aiken rally
- New Gregg-Graniteville Foundation executive director wants to make a difference in the community
- Elizabeth Warren: 'Coherent plan' needed for nuclear waste storage, not Yucca Mountain
- Column: Triggering the Google social credit system
- Most Wanted by Aiken County Sheriff's Office: Aug. 16
- First day of school in Aiken County 2019
- Weekly top residence sales for Aiken County for Aug. 2 - Aug. 8
- First Day of School with Dr Sean Alford
- JV Volleyball Jamboree
- Readers share first-day-of-school photos
- True To Your SOLE STEM & Sneaker Extravaganza
- Football: 2019 Aiken County Scrimmage
- USC Aiken: First Day of Classes
- Saluting the "Greatest Generation"