NORTH AUGUSTA — The Augusta GreenJackets have announced their “BEE-A-Fan” campaign for the 2020 season, featuring exciting weekly promotions along with numerous promotional nights, giveaways, and fireworks extravaganzas.
The postponement of the 2020 Summer Olympics until next year because of the coronavirus pandemic wasn’t necessarily bad news for talented Aiken equestrian Doug Payne.
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The Chiefs agreed to a one-year contract with Strom Thurmond graduate and former New York Giants cornerback Antonio Hamilton on Friday, the first deal made by the Super Bowl champions since the start of free agency earlier in the week.
The South Carolina High School League on Monday announced the suspension of all spring sport activities through April 5 in response to the outbreak of the new coronavirus.
As the horses headed down the stretch in the City of Aiken Trophy on Saturday, there wasn’t much doubt about which one was going to be the winner.
GRANITEVILLE — Maxwell Moldovan raced to the top of the leaderboard after a second-round 65 took him to 9 under following round two of the 10th Junior Invitational at Sage Valley Golf Club.
NORTH AUGUSTA — Al Young, P'eris Smith, Ansley Gartell and dozens of their neighbors celebrated another milestone in familiar territory Friday morning, gathering in North Augusta High School's gymnasium to look back at the 2019-20 basketball season — a campaign that reached its zenith Saturd…
The sports calendar in the Aiken Standard coverage area was all but wiped clean Friday as more cancellations and suspensions were announced in response to the outbreak of coronavirus.
The Peach Belt Conference Board of Directors has announced that all competition for the remainder of the 2019-20 season has been canceled. This includes all regular-season competition for the 15 NCAA championship sports the conference sponsors as well as upcoming spring sports tournaments in…
A weird start to baseball season hasn't normalized much for USC Aiken, which has a Peach Belt Conference series scheduled for this weekend against Columbus State against Roberto Hernandez Stadium.
Thoroughbreds named for two local private schools are among the entries in the City of Aiken Trophy, which will be the feature race during the 78th Aiken Trials on Saturday.
The Clemson and Virginia golf teams are in a familiar spot atop the leaderboard through 36 holes at the 23rd annual Cleveland Golf Palmetto Intercollegiate.
The upcoming week is one of the biggest of the year in junior golf, as the world's toughest field meets in Graniteville for the 10th annual Junior Invitational at Sage Valley.
Al Young questioned at times during the season whether his North Augusta girls' basketball team could get back to a fourth consecutive state championship game.
The North Augusta girls won't be the only basketball players with local ties hitting the court this weekend at the South Carolina High School League's state championship games.
COLUMBUS, Ga. – The fifth-seeded University of South Carolina Aiken women's basketball team lost a 75-64 decision at fourth-seeded Columbus State on Wednesday evening in the PBC Quarterfinals.
GREENVILLE — The South Carolina Football Hall of Fame on Thursday announced its Class of 2020, which includes former North Augusta Yellow Jacket Charlie Waters.
North Augusta girls' basketball coach Al Young told his players that the home crowd they opened the playoffs in front of would be the easiest one they'd face.
- Police: Child struck by vehicle in Aiken
- Hurricane season 2020 forecast predicts 'above normal' storm activity
- McMaster orders closing of nonessential SC businesses to curb coronavirus outbreak
- First coronavirus death reported in Aiken County; nonessential businesses to close statewide
- Aiken County man, Savannah River Remediation settle discrimination lawsuit
- Three face kidnapping, attempted murder charges in 2019 Aiken County case
- Aiken County now has nine confirmed COVID-19 cases
- Graniteville woman charged with striking pizza delivery worker, stealing food
- Six total COVID-19 cases reported in Aiken County; McMaster orders visitor quarantine
- First COVID-19 case confirmed in Barnwell County; 151 new cases in S.C.
- Most Wanted by Aiken County Sheriff's Office: March 27
- Sunday Best: Swing Dance Party
- Teacher Parade
- Weekly top residence sales for Aiken County March 6-12
- Portraits of the Past: March
- Sunday Best; Breakfast at the Gallops
- Headlines in Aiken History — March 31
- Headlines in Aiken History — March 28
- Headlines in Aiken History — March 30
- Blessings by the Truckload in Langley