North Augusta is the second largest municipality in Aiken County, and it comes from a long history of towns before it.
Another great aspect of the sports community in Aiken County is the wealth of youth sports opportunity provided. It's not hard to find a tournament or sports league to sign young athletes up for.
Each year Nike and some of the nation's best high school basketball players come to town for Peach Jam, the championship of the Nike Elite Youth Basketball League.
Swinging a club and hitting a ball isn't the only way to play a round of golf in Aiken County – you can also fling a flying disc.
Aiken is an internationally recognized center of horse history and culture, and equestrian events are scheduled throughout the year.
A new historical marker tells the story of the Aiken Railroad Depot, which was constructed in the late 1890s, demolished in 1954 and then rebuilt more than 50 years later.
With its small-town charm, Southern flair, and array of outdoors activities, Aiken has been a top-ranked retirement destination for years. The city's convenient location, mild weather, and quiet way of life make it a great place for people to spend their golden years.
There are many aspects of Aiken County that make it a special place to live, but one aspect that truly makes it something unique is Hitchcock Woods.
The Monetta Drive-In Theater – referred to by local residents as The Big Mo – offers three double-features on the weekends, each for the price of one movie. The Big Mo was recently featured in Architectural Digest as one the 25 most charming drive-in theaters in America. Located at 5822 Colu…
Residents of Aiken, Barnwell, and Edgefield counties named Aiken Regional Medical Centers the No. 1 and most caring hospital in the region.
South Carolina is an agricultural state, and Aiken is a great place for fresh produce. From roadside stands to large, commercial peach farms, Aiken County has it all.
Aiken was named both the South's best small town and the South's friendliest town this year by Southern Living, a nationally acclaimed lifestyle and tourism magazine.
The Savannah River Site, a 310-square-mile high-tech swath cut through southern Aiken County, is both an area anchor and a scientific treasure.
It's been 100 years since the Greater Aiken Chamber of Commerce first assembled, and 2018 was certainly not short on related celebration and marquee moments.
USC Aiken and Aiken Technical College consistently rank among the best institutions of higher education in the state, region and country, topping national and local charts.
Aiken County Public School District students will be part of a couple of “firsts” this school year, both focused on accelerated learning.
The Center for African American History, Arts, and Culture is located at the historic Immanuel Institute in downtown Aiken. The museum aims to educate about slavery and celebrate the role of African-Americans in Aiken County's history. It is slated to become an important tourist destination …
You may visit Aiken to experience the unique blend of Old South and progressive momentum found in one of our world-renown equestrian events or golf courses, but you’ll quickly notice that Aiken, South Carolina, has an enviable and charming lifestyle to love.
Aiken Technical College is one of the 16 colleges in the South Carolina Technical College System and has been serving the Aiken community for more than 40 years. As of the fall, 2015, Aiken Tech has an enrollment of 2,359 students.
Covering a swath of 1,081 square miles in the sand hills of South Carolina, Aiken County is so much more than a sum of its nine incorporated areas and the connecting rural spaces. From peach orchards to fields of snowy cotton, quaint towns to modern industrial parks, Aiken County encompasses…
- DHEC declares hepatitis A outbreak after possible exposure at second Aiken restaurant
- Two employees robbed at gunpoint at LuLu's Express Car Wash in Aiken
- Former Aiken drugstore featured in the 'Green Book' served blacks, whites as equals
- Graniteville man charged in shooting incident in North Augusta
- Woodside home 'total loss' following fire Sunday morning
- Police investigating 'rumors' of possible threat to South Aiken High
- Willie Jewell's in Aiken closing this month, Aiken Fish House opening
- Former Aiken County Sheriff dies at 85
- North Augusta man's body found in burning vehicle in Augusta
- Midland Valley names new football coach
- Mardi Gras
- Aiken County Animal Shelter pets for adoption for Feb. 7
- Meybohm Raises a Toast to 2018
- Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show in New York, from Aiken local Leslee Peth
- Most Wanted by Aiken County Sheriff's Office: Feb. 6
- The Aiken Standard Career Expo
- Most Wanted by Aiken County Sheriff's Office: Feb. 13
- Cool, Colorful Saturday for Girl Scouts
- USC Aiken baseball vs. Shepherd, game two
- Pacer Bridge Walk