In certain places, this Site or the Services may allow users to submit comments, forum or chat room entries, blog entries, letters, ideas, photos, videos, emails or other content – either directly to the Site or the Services (including to us through the Site or the Services) or through third party service providers. While we generally would like to permit you to provide content to or through the Site or other Services, there are certain restrictions on your providing content. They are as follows:
1. License: By submitting content, you grant Company a perpetual, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, fully and freely assignable and sub-licensable license to any rights you have in the content submitted – including, but not limited to, the rights to use, display, publish, translate, reproduce, distribute, modify, prepare derivative works based upon, and perform publicly your content (or any part thereof) online and offline in any form, media or technology now known or hereafter devised. You further agree that Company and its licensees have the right to use your name and likeness in connection with Company's publication, display, modification, distribution or other use of such content. Company is free to use any ideas, techniques, inventions, concepts, know-how, or other information that you provide to Company (whether directly or through its third party service providers) for any purpose whatsoever without compensation or remuneration.
2. Standards: You agree not to submit any content that: (a) infringes on any third-party intellectual property, publicity, privacy, moral (droit moral) or other legal rights; (b) violates any applicable law or regulation; (c) is defamatory, threatening, harassing, obscene, harmful to minors, or child pornographic; (d) is false or misleading; (e) promotes physical or emotional harm in any way; (f) contains any viruses, Trojan horses, worms or other harmful components (including, but not limited to, computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information); (g) is commercial in nature, other than as specifically solicited by this Site; (h) constitutes unsolicited junk or bulk email (“spam”); or (i) is tortious or criminal.
3. Warranty / Indemnity: You warrant and guarantee that you own all intellectual property, proprietary, privacy, publicity, moral (droit moral) and other rights to any content that you submit. You further agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us harmless against: (a) any and all claims to the rights to content that you provide to us, (b) any and all claims that someone's rights were violated by our display or other use of the content that you provide to us.
4. Monitoring of Content / Removal: You agree that Company has no responsibility to monitor, review, edit, remove or control any content or other information that you or others submit to us and/or the Site and/or the Services. You further agree that Company may, in its sole discretion, modify, remove or refuse to accept any content for any reason. We may also decline to modify or remove content that you submitted, despite your request. In addition, please be aware that we may not be able to modify or remove certain content, including without limitation content that has been distributed to or relied on by third parties.
5. Release: You agree that you are at least 18 years of age. You agree to release Company (including without limitation, for purposes of this Section C.5 of the Agreement, the officers, directors, employees, shareholders, owners (including without limitation, Evening Post Publishing Newspaper Group, Inc. and Evening Post Industries), members, affiliates, subsidiaries, successors, assigns, licensors, licensees, third party contractors, agents, attorneys and representatives of Aiken Communications, Inc.) from any and all liability and obligations whatsoever in connection with or arising from Company's use or non-use of content submitted by you or any third party.
7. No Endorsement / Recommendation: Company does not endorse, recommend, or take any responsibility for any content submitted to the Services by any advertiser, service provider, vendor, or other third-party, even if Company displays such content.