The 40th Season for the Hopelands Summer Concert Series continues with a performance by the Mike Frost Band on Monday.
The City of Aiken Parks, Recreation & Tourism Department announces a modified the line-up for the 40th annual Hopelands Summer Concert Series.
The series continues each Monday evening until August 26.
• June 2 – Mike Frost Band sponsored by Cumberland Village
• June 9 – Maureen Simpson/Aiken Choral Society sponsored by the Friends of Hopelands & Rye Patch
• June 16 – Preston & Weston featuring Sandra Simmons
• June 23 – Funtastics with Shaggers from the CSRA sponsored by Vikki Crossland, aikenhomes.com
• June 30 – Aiken Brass sponsored by Center for Primary Care
• July 7 – Parris Island Marine Corp Band sponsored by the Screenprint Factory (shuttle available)
• July 14 – Oliver West and 39 Express sponsored by Allegra Marketing, Print & Mail
• July 21 – James Brown Academy of Musik Pupils
• July 28 – Fabio & Friends
• Aug. 4 – HIT String Band
• Aug. 11 – Fort Gordon Concert Band sponsored by Hearing Associates of S.C.
• Aug. 18 – Southern Nights sponsored by the Academy for Lifelong Learning at USC-Aiken
• Aug. 25 – Aiken Concert Band sponsored by Security Federal – This concert begins at 6:30 p.m.
The performance will take place on the Roland H. Windham Performing Arts Stage at Hopelands and will begin at 7 p.m., lasting about an hour. This performance is presented by Cumberland Village.
The Mike Frost Band – featuring the vocals and saxophone of Lauren Meccia and anchored by the bass playing of Mike Frost – blends together several musical styles to create a sound that's all their own.
As evidenced by their CD releases, Riddle Me This? (2011), Get Frosted! Live at the Blue Horse (2011), Frosty Christmas (2012) and Live at the Red Pepper (2013), their sound contains elements of funk, classic rock and R&B.
The concert will feature a variety of songs, including those written by Cole Porter, Burt Bacharach, John Lennon and Paul McCartney, as well as some original pieces written by band members.
The Hopelands Summer Concert Series will continue each Monday night until the end of August. All concerts will begin at 7 p.m. unless otherwise noted and will be held at Hopelands on the Windham Performing Arts Stage.
The event is family-friendly and free of charge. Food is allowed, but alcohol is not. Well-behaved pets on leashes are allowed.
Public parking is available at the Green Boundary Club on Whiskey Road across from Hopelands Gardens. Handicap parking is available at the Hopelands Gardens parking lot on 135 Dupree Place. Staff, performers and additional handicap parking is located at the Rye Patch, 100 Berrie Road. Parking is not allowed on the sides of Berrie Road or Dupree Place.
For more information on the concert series schedule, call 803-642-7631.