Every once in a while, we find a candidate who is extremely well qualified for the office to which they are seeking – and that candidate is Camille Furgiuele. She has announced that she will be a candidate for the Aiken County Council, District 2, replacing the retiring Scott Singer.
Experience counts. Prior to moving to Aiken, Furgiuele had a great deal of experience in local government:
• Chief Financial Officer, Town of Newton, New Jersey
• Town Manager, Newton, New Jersey- responsible for day-to-day operations (150 employees)
• Served on Planning Board, Board of Health, Water & Sewer Utility, and Parking Authority
• Initiated a master plan for roads, recreation and water and sewer facilities
Since moving to Aiken, she has continued to serve as:
• President of the Cedar Creek Property Owners Association, and as President of the Emergency Management Committee
• Member of the Aiken County Transportation Committee
• Member of the Aiken County Planning Commission
In addition to her vast experience, she is a very kind, compassionate person who has always served her constituents well. She gives the phrase, “above and beyond” a new meaning, and will be a great asset to the Aiken County Council.