A small fire started in a restroom of the Aiken Ruby Tuesday on Monday leaving nobody injured and causing only minor damage to the building.
The fire started at about 9 p.m. at the restaurant located on Whiskey Road, and the smoke was noticed by someone who was about to enter the womenís restroom, according to the restaurantís General Manager Sam Mears.
No injuries were reported, and the flames were put out with a fire extinguisher operated by an off-duty officer or firefighter who was in the restaurant at the time of the incident.
Mears said that there were only a few guests inside the Ruby Tuesday at the time of the fire, and their meals were paid for by the restaurant.
There was only minor damage to the outside of the building, and the restaurant is expected to open at its regular time on Tuesday.
The cause of the fire appeared to be electrical.
Notice about comments: