ACC men’s basketball tournament back to N.C. in ’19, ’20

  • Posted: Thursday, March 27, 2014 5:02 p.m.

GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP) — The Atlantic Coast Conference men’s basketball tournament will return to North Carolina in 2019 and 2010 after its two-year stay in New York.

Commissioner John Swofford said at a news conference Thursday that Charlotte’s Time Warner Cable Arena would host the event in 2019 followed the next year by the Greensboro Coliseum, located a short drive from the league’s headquarters.

The announcement came one day after the league said it would hold its 2017 and 2018 tournaments in Brooklyn’s Barclays Center, which marked a shift from the tournament’s Southern roots after waves of league realignment. The tournament has been held in North Carolina for 50 of 61 years, including in Greensboro earlier this month.

Greensboro will host again next year, followed by Washington, D.C., in 2016.

Comments { }

Commenting rules: Do not post offensive, racial or violent messages. Responsibility for the statements posted lies with the commenter, not www.aikenstandard.com. Click 'report abuse' for any comments that you feel should be removed from the site. However, www.aikenstandard.com is not obligated to remove any comment posted on the site. Moderators do not have the ability to edit comments. Read the terms of use.