• North Augusta High School signed seven players on Wednesday. The class was highlighted by three Division I FBS signers; offensive lineman Jake Whitley, who will attend Georgia Tech; defensive lineman Brandon Maddox, who will attend the Air Force Academy; and former student Montez McGuire, who signed with Appalachian State. Also signing were a trio of wide receivers: Keyon West, Catawba College; Jaleel Bryant, Pikeville University; and Dre Dunbar, Mars Hill College, and offensive lineman Maurice Williams, who will attend Fort Scott Community College. For more of the story, click here.
• Ty Yarbrough and Deondre Baskett of Fox Creek High School both signed to play football at Limestone College in Gaffney. Baskett signed as a wide receiver and Yarbrough will play long-snapper for the Saints. For more of the story, click here.
• Strom Thurmond quarterback Jauveer Hammond signed for The Citadel, where he is expected to play slot back. Strom Thurmond linebacker Kenyatta Dunbar signed for Gardner-Webb, where he is expected to play linebacker. For more of the story, click here.
• Williston-Elko offensive lineman Taylor Hearn made his commitment to Clemson official on Wednesday morning when he signed a letter of intent. For more of the story, click here.
• It was a big day, literally and figuratively, at Wagener-Salley High School. Hulking football players RJ Tyler and Santrale Moore were the first War Eagles to participate in National Signing Day in several years. Tyler signed with Charlotte and Moore is going to Limestone. Both are expected to play as true freshmen, with Tyler to line up at tight end and Moore will play on the defensive line. For more of the story, click here.
• South Aiken linebacker/tight end Will Holbrook signed to play football at Newberry College, where he will most likely play inside linebacker. For more of the story, click here.
Staff photo by T.J. Lundeen Deondre Baskett, left, and Ty Yarbrough of Fox Creek High School signed to play football at Limestone College. Baskett signed as a wide receiver and Yarbrough will play long-snapper for the Saints next season.×
Staff photo by Jeremy Timmerman Strom Thurmondís Kenyatta Dunbar signed with Gardner-Webb on Wednesday, and Jauveer Hammond signed with The Citadel. Seated, from left, are Dunbarís grandmother Carolyn Richards, Dunbar, his mother Dorothy Brown, Hammondís mother Lisa Norris, Hammond and his aunt Tracy Watkins. Standing, from left, are defensive coordinator Leroy Collier, assistant principal Louis Scott, head coach Lee Sawyer and offensive coordinator Antwaun Hillary.×
Staff Photo by Eric Russell Williston-Elko offensive lineman Taylor Hearn, center, signs his letter of intent to play football at Clemson University. Also pictured are his mother Kay and his father Rodger.×
Photo by Noah Feit Wagener-Salley High School football players Santrale Moore, left, and RJ Tyler participate in National Signing Day. Moore signed with Limestone and Tyler is going to Charlotte, and both are expected to play as freshmen.×
Staff Photo by Scott Rodgers The 2013 signing class of North Augusta High School included seven players. From left are Jaleel Bryant, who signed with Pikeville University; Dre Dunbar, who signed with Mars Hill College; Maurice Williams, who signed Fort Scott Community College; Jake Whitley, who signed with Georgia Tech, Brandon Maddox, who signed with the Air Force Academy; Montez McGuire, who signed with Appalachian State; and Keyon West, who signed with Catawba College.×
Notice about comments: