Evening update: Closings tomorrow due to inclement weather
The following list is area closings that were announced due to inclement weather. To report a closing for this list, please e-mail Executive Editor Melissa Hanna at email@example.com or call us at 803-644-2401.
• Aiken County Schools will be closed Wednesday.
• USC Aiken has canceled classes and will resume classes at noon Wednesday. University offices are closed and will reopen at noon on Wednesday. Any events on campus scheduled after 5 p.m. today will be canceled. Any offices normally open after 5 p.m. will also be closed.
• Aiken Technical College is closed and will be closed Wednesday.
• Edgefield County Schools will be be closed Wednesday and will be delayed by 2 hours Thursday.
• Our Lady of Peace School in North Augusta will open at 10 a.m. Wednesday.
Fox Creek High School will be closed Wednesday.
• Richmond County Schools are closed Wednesday.
• All Aiken County Head Start programs will be closed Wednesday and open on a two-hour delay Thursday.
• Barnwell District 19 will close Wednesday.
• Williston District 29 will close Wednesday.
• Mead Hall Episcopal School will be closed Wednesday.
• Limestone College - Aiken and Columbia campuses' classes have been canceled this evening.
• All Hammond Hill Elementary after-school programs have been cancelled.
High school sports
Several area high schools have postponed the boys' and girls' basketball games that had been slated to be played tonight.
Games that have been postponed include:
• White Knoll at Aiken
• South Aiken at Dutch Fork
• Blackville-Hilda at Ridge Spring-Monetta
• Strom Thurmond at Midland Valley
• North at Fox Creek
• Williston-Elko at Wagener-Salley
• North Augusta at Lexington
• Silver Bluff at Bamberg-Ehrhardt
Other area closings/postponements
• Aiken Regional Medical Centers: The Palmetto Pediatric Center, the Wound Healing Institute of Carolina and The Vein Center will be closed today. The Cancer Care Institute, Southside Imaging Center and Women's LifeCare Diagnostic Services will delay opening today until 12:30 p.m. Emergency departments will remain open, as will ambulance services.
• The Aiken County Best Friend Express bus service will not operate Wednesday.
• Aiken city garbage, recycling and yard debris pick-up service is delayed until Friday.
• All libraries in the Aiken - Bamberg - Barnwell - Edgefield area are closed Wednesday.
• The Boys & Girls Club of Aiken is closed Wednesday.
• SRS has dismissed "non-essential" personnel from work today. A delay in reporting time for employees on Thursday is expected. Employees are asked to monitor 725-SITE, or check srs.gov for updated information.
• The WE sisters monthly lunch scheduled Wednesday has been canceled.
• All Shepeard Community Blood Centers will open Wednesday at noon.
• Cedar Creek West that shares the building with the Aiken Family Y in Graniteville has canceled Financial Peace University tonight. If Aiken County schools are not in session on Wednesday, it will be canceled Wednesday night at well. They will meet on Thursday at 6:30 p.m.
• All Georgia Bank & Trust and Southern Bank & Trust locations will open Wednesday at 11:30 a.m.