Aiken City Council Work Session Agenda
Monday, Jan. 27 at 6 p.m.
Second floor of the Municipal Building, located at 214 Park Ave.
I. Call to order
• Whitney Polo Field improvements
Aiken City Council Public Hearing Agenda
Monday, Jan. 27 at 7 p.m.
Second floor in Council Chambers of the Municipal Building, located at 214 Park Ave.
• Consideration of the minutes from the work session and the regular meeting of Jan. 13
• Special presentation to William “The Refrigerator” Perry
• Proclaim February as American Heart Month
• Special recognition
III. Old Business: Further consideration of:
• Approval of appointments and discussion of appointees to various city boards, commissions and committees
• Second reading and public hearing of an ordinance to approve changes to Procurement Code
IV. New Business: Consideration of:
• First reading of an ordinance to annex property at 327 Springwood Drive and zone it residential single-family (RS-15)
V. Petitions and Requests:
• Requests from Council member Dewar to:
(a) Require the City Manager to develop a program for confidential exit interviews
(b) Require the City Manager to develop a grievance system
(c) Require the City Manager to hire a consultant for an employee research survey
(d) Employee compensation should be addressed upon completion off the Public Safety Compensation Study
• Issues and updates/reports
• Planning Commission minutes for Jan. 14, 2014
• Board of Zoning Appeals minutes for Oct. 22 and Nov. 26, 2013
• Design Review Board minutes for Nov. 5, 2013
• Building Inspection report for Dec. 2013
• Public Safety Department report for Dec. 2013
• Engineering and Utilities Department report for Dec. 2013
• Human Resources Department report for Dec. 2013.
• SCDOT results compilation, Dec. 5, 2013 public information meeting
• Financial reports for General Fund, Utilities Fund, Stormwater Fund and various other funds for Dec. 2013
Notice about comments: