LOS ANGELES (AP) — Reactions to nominations announced Thursday for the 86th annual Academy Awards:
• “Yesterday I was doing jury duty, today I woke up with an Academy Award nomination. Only in America.” – Jared Leto on his nomination for best supporting actor for “Dallas Buyers Club.”
• “My knees buckled. It’s the last thing I expected.” – Sally Hawkins, nominated for best supporting actress for her role in “Blue Jasmine.”
• “I’m at home in Malibu, having a cup of tea, catching the sunrise. My newborn’s walking around. ... What a great alarm clock and news to wake up to this morning.” – Matthew McConaughey, who received a best actor nomination for his performance in “Dallas Buyers Club.”
• “Congratulations to the cast and crew of “American Hustle” and “Her,” two films that I’m incredibly proud to be a part of.” – Best actress nominee Amy Adams, who was nominated for her role in “American Hustle.”
• “I guess ... I’m going to get that ice cream sundae they give you on the airplane. I usually pass on that, but I think I’m actually going to get extra whipped cream and maybe even the chocolate syrup. I’m really winging it here. I’m going to be flying. It’s really a little too early to start drinking.” – Terence Winter, nominated for his screenplay for “The Wolf of Wall Street.”
• “I was flailing around the keyboard a little bit.” – Best original score nominee Steven Price, who was unsuccessfully searching for a list of nominees online when his wife called to tell him his work on “Gravity” had been recognized.