Letter: The Washington cesspool
Correct or not, it has been claimed that parts of the city of Washington, D.C., home of the federal government, were built on swamp land. There is no doubt, however, that the federal government has long been a swamp of corruption. With the advent of the community organizer from Chicago, Barack Obama, that swamp of corruption has become a cesspool.
First there is the 900 billion dollar stimulus; touted for “shovel-ready jobs.” Months later Obama would concede, with a smirk, there were no “shovel-ready jobs”. So where did the $900 billion go?
Next there is Obamacare:
• Crafted in the offices of Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid by lobbyists and bureaucrats in a language only they could understand.
• Passed unread by the all Democrat senators and “deemed” to be law by a compliant Democrat House.
• One sixth of the economy now under IRS control.
• Containing a “Death Panel”, as former DNC head “screaming Howard Dean” conceded in a moment of candor.
Then there is Benghazi:
• Four Americans murdered during a 7-9 hour firefight.
• Blamed on an obscure video for weeks by a lying president and then secretary of state, Hillary Clinton.
• Obama, Clinton, and certain defense officials were AWOL during the attack.
• Survivors secreted and threatened to coverup Obama’s malfeasance in office.
And then there is the IRS:
• Feared by the average citizen as the Gestapo in Nazi Germany and the KGB in Russia.
• Little or no legal recourse for those targeted by the IRS.
• Conservative citizens - who expressed alarm at the encroachment by Obama and the DC Cesspool on the Constitution and Freedom - incurred the wrath of Obama and other Federal officials and were repeatedly harassed by the IRS.
• Senior IRS bureaucrats demonstrate unmitigated arrogance before Congress and contempt for the American people.!