The Aiken County Board of Education is expected to announce a new North Augusta High School principal at a meeting on Tuesday.
That administrator will succeed Todd Bornscheuer, who left last month to take the same role at H.E. McCracken Middle School at Bluffton in Beaufort County.
The meeting will be held at 1000 Brookhaven Drive at 7 p.m. The Board will announce the new principle following a closed session.
In other business –
• Deputy Superintendent David Caver will present a report of facilities construction projects since 2001. The Aiken Are 1 projects included major renovations and construction at Schofield Middle School in 2004. South Aiken High School replaced its HVAC system in four phases over the last four years. A new science and business facility at Aiken High School is nearing completion this year.
• In Area 2 in North Augusta, Paul Knox Middle School completed major renovations and additions in 2004. The district built Mossy Creek Elementary School, which opened in 2007. An addition to North Augusta Middle School was completed in 2012. Site work is under way for a new wing at North Augusta High School.
• In Area 3 in the Valley, Jefferson Elementary School and LBC Middle School got renovations and additions in 2003. A new Byrd Elementary School in Graniteville was completed in 2009; the old facility is now the Byrd Learning Center.
• Area 4 includes the Wagener/Salley and Ridge Spring-Monetta communities. A.L. Corbett Middle School was totally renovated, and Busbee Elementary School was constructed and connected to the middle school in 2004. Initial work has started at RS-M High School to provide a new building to house grades 6-8.
• Redcliffe Elementary School in Area 5 received additions and renovations in 2001, as did Greendale Elementary School in 2003. Silver Bluff got HVAC replacement in two phases in 20011-12 and a third phase is under way. Jackson Middle School opened a new cafeteria and kitchen that will be in use next month.
• School Board member Keith Liner will provide a legislative update.
Notice about comments: