Beyonce cancels show under doctor’s orders

  • Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 6:43 p.m.

NEW YORK — Beyonce cancelled her Tuesday concert in Belgium because of dehydration and exhaustion.

In an email to The Associated Press, the singer’s publicist said Beyonce has been advised by her doctors to rest. She was scheduled to perform at the Sportpaleis in Antwerp.

The show will be rescheduled and tickets can be used at that show.

Her next tour date is today at the same arena. The statement says “she is awaiting word from her doctors before making a decision.”

Beyonce, 31, launched her “Mrs. Carter World Tour” last month in Belgrade, Serbia.

It wraps Aug. 5 at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y.

Comments { }

Commenting rules: Do not post offensive, racial or violent messages. Responsibility for the statements posted lies with the commenter, not www.aikenstandard.com. Click 'report abuse' for any comments that you feel should be removed from the site. However, www.aikenstandard.com is not obligated to remove any comment posted on the site. Moderators do not have the ability to edit comments. Read the terms of use.