Blotter for April 2
• A shoplifting was reported at Walmart on Whiskey Road on Thursday. An unknown man took the packaging off three computers, concealed the machines in a shopping cart and left the store without paying for the computers.
• Additional shopliftings were reported at Walmart on Richland Avenue, the Kangaroo Express gas station on Richland Avenue, JCPenney in Aiken Mall and the Kangaroo Express on Whiskey Road.
• Vehicle break-ins were reported to Aiken Public Safety on Lorraine Drive, Greenville Street, Williamsburg Street, Boxwood Drive, Richland Avenue, Laurens Street, Park Avenue and Pendleton Street.
• Aiken Public Safety responded to a call of shots fired on Hilltop Avenue on Saturday. Officers investigated and determined the source of the sound to be fireworks.
• A 25-year-old man was detained for driving under the influence on Saturday after he was pulled over on Richland Avenue for driving erratically. He was taken into custody after failing multiple field sobriety tests.
An Aiken woman reported on Saturday that someone struck her mailbox and then fled the scene.
• A golf cart was reported stolen from Whiskey Road on Saturday.
• A burglary was reported at a home on Dibble Road on Sunday. The owner reportedly left for church about 10:30 a.m. and returned at 1:30 p.m. to find his home in disarray and an Apple iPad, a laptop, a backpack, a passport, checkbooks and a wallet missing.
• Two unknown men ordered about $18 in food at the Waffle House on Richland Avenue on Monday and then left the store without paying.
• A window air conditioner unit was reported stolen from a church on York Street on Sunday.
• Burglaries were reported to the Sheriff’s Office on Glasshouse Road in Graniteville, Whiskey Road in Aiken and Fleetwood Drive in North Augusta.
• Stolen vehicles were reported on McCampbell Street in Warrenville and Cherokee Drive in North Augusta.