3 face murder in death of Hilton Head child

  • Posted: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 11:52 p.m.

BEAUFORT (AP) — Three men who authorities said were involved in a drug shootout are charged with murder in the death of an 8-year-old Hilton Head Island child caught in the crossfire.

Solicitor Duffie Stone said after a court hearing in Beaufort on Monday that in the future, he’ll charge anyone who shot a gun in such cases with murder.

Authorities said 8-year-old Khalil Singleton was killed last September. They claim Tyrone Robinson fired the shot that killed Khalil, but Stone said two other men involved in the shootout, Aaron Scott Young Jr. and Aaron Scott Young Sr., are also charged. All were indicted by a grand jury last year.

Stone said the state’s felony murder law allows someone involved in an inherently dangerous felony that causes death to be charged with murder.

Comments { }

Commenting rules: Do not post offensive, racial or violent messages. Responsibility for the statements posted lies with the commenter, not www.aikenstandard.com. Click 'report abuse' for any comments that you feel should be removed from the site. However, www.aikenstandard.com is not obligated to remove any comment posted on the site. Moderators do not have the ability to edit comments. Read the terms of use.