• The Aiken Department of Public Safety responded to three vehicle break-ins on Ashwood Drive on Wednesday. The owner of one vehicle reportedly found items taken from another vehicle nearby, both of which were unlocked. The owner of a third vehicle said someone forced entry into his truck and took some keys.
• An additional break-in was reported on Gatewood Drive. The owner reported cash and a GPS missing.
• A 15-year-old high school student was detained for possession of a controlled substance without a prescription.
• An Aiken woman reported that someone poured sugar into the gas tank of her car. She took the car to a mechanic after having trouble with it for several weeks, and the mechanic told her what happened.
• Officers responded to a burglar alarm at a home on Willow Oak Loop on Wednesday. They cleared the house and secured it.
• An unknown man entered Walmart on Whiskey Road on Wednesday, took a bottle of kerosene and left the store without paying.
• A 21-year-old Aiken man was detained for driving under the influence on Thursday after officers received a call about a possible impaired driver on East Pine Log Road.
• Vehicle break-ins were reported to the Aiken County Sheriff’s Office on Wattle Street in Warrenville and Big Branch Road in Wagener.
• A burglary was reported on Alibi Lane in Warrenville on Wednesday. The owner reported jewelry, electronics and clothing missing.
Notice about comments:
Aiken Standard is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point.