• The Aiken Department of Public Safety responded to three vehicle break-ins on Ashwood Drive on Wednesday. The owner of one vehicle reportedly found items taken from another vehicle nearby, both of which were unlocked. The owner of a third vehicle said someone forced entry into his truck and took some keys.
• An additional break-in was reported on Gatewood Drive. The owner reported cash and a GPS missing.
• A 15-year-old high school student was detained for possession of a controlled substance without a prescription.
• An Aiken woman reported that someone poured sugar into the gas tank of her car. She took the car to a mechanic after having trouble with it for several weeks, and the mechanic told her what happened.
• Officers responded to a burglar alarm at a home on Willow Oak Loop on Wednesday. They cleared the house and secured it.
• An unknown man entered Walmart on Whiskey Road on Wednesday, took a bottle of kerosene and left the store without paying.
• A 21-year-old Aiken man was detained for driving under the influence on Thursday after officers received a call about a possible impaired driver on East Pine Log Road.
• Vehicle break-ins were reported to the Aiken County Sheriff’s Office on Wattle Street in Warrenville and Big Branch Road in Wagener.
• A burglary was reported on Alibi Lane in Warrenville on Wednesday. The owner reported jewelry, electronics and clothing missing.
Notice about comments: