• An Aiken man reported that he found a hat and a 9 mm handgun under his front porch. Officers confirmed the gun was stolen from outside the county.
• Officers found a 72-year-old man lying on the ground and bleeding profusely on Kershaw Street around 10 p.m. on Saturday. The man told officers he had too much to drink, fell and hit his head. He was transported by EMS to Aiken Regional Medical Centers.
• A Gloverville woman reported on Saturday that she was leaving work on Richland Avenue when she found that the back windshield of her vehicle had been shattered.
• A 59-year-old man was detained for disorderly conduct on Friday after exhibiting signs of intoxication but refusing to leave the location on Williamsburg Street.
• Aiken Public Safety responded to a call of shots fired on Barbara Lane about 11:35 a.m. Friday. Officers investigated but found no evidence of gunfire.
• A second call of shots fired was reported on Bunche Terrace around 9:30 p.m. Friday. A woman reported seeing a suspicious man in the area but didn’t see him fire a gun.
• A woman on Edgefield Avenue called Aiken Public Safety and reported a suspicious vehicle parked in her driveway. Officers found a burnt orange Honda Element that had been spray painted partially silver, with the keys still inside. The SUV was found to be reported stolen.
• A 39-year-old man was detained for driving under the influence after being pulled over for driving erratically on East Pine Log Road on Sunday.
• A 29-year-old Hephzibah, Ga., man was detained for driving under the influence after being pulled over on Atomic Road in North Augusta. The man failed multiple field sobriety tests, smelled strongly of marijuana and an officer found a leafy, green substance inside a container in his vehicle.
• A vehicle was reported stolen from Legion Road in Warrenville on Friday.
• A member of Heights Baptist Church on Jefferson Davis Highway in Clearwater reported pry marks on a door of the building on Friday.
• Burglaries were reported to the Aiken County Sheriff’s Office on JB Swartz Road in Wagener, Pine Log Road in Beech Island, L&L Lane in Aiken, Toolebeck Road in Aiken, and Lloydtown Road in Aiken.
• Vehicle break-ins were reported to the Sheriff’s Office on Augusta Road in Warrenville, Senn Street in Graniteville, Millrose Circle in Beech Island, Old Thicket Place in Aiken, Beaver Creek Lane in Aiken, Curzon Court in Aiken and Spinner Lane in Wagener.
Notice about comments: