• The Aiken Department of Public Safety responded to shopliftings over the weekend at Walmart on Richland Avenue, Dillard’s in Aiken Mall, Reid’s on York Street and CVS Pharmacy on Richland Avenue.
• Vehicle break-ins were reported to Aiken Public Safety over the weekend on University Parkway, Horry Street and Mimosa Circle.
•One man was charged with disorderly conduct and another with possession of crack cocaine after the two were caught by Public Safety officers fighting on Sumter Street “over a woman that they were both seeing,” according to a public safety report.
• The Aiken County Sheriff’s Office responded to break-ins over the weekend on Edgefield Road in North Augusta, Ponderose Drive in North Augusta, Canary Lake Road in North Augusta, Oakhurst Drive in North Augusta, Ridge Crest Road in Aiken, Main Street in Graniteville, Cedar Road in Aiken and Charleston Highway in Windsor.
• Vehicles were reported stolen from Leitner Street in Graniteville, Pinewood Park Circle in Beech Island and Goodman Road in Beech island.
• Vehicle break-ins were reported to the Sheriff’s Office that took place on Audubon Circle in North Augusta, Jefferson Davis Highway in Clearwater and Jerusalem Branch Road in Salley.
Notice about comments:
Aiken Standard is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point.