People across the country and the world paused to celebrate Veterans Day on Sunday, but many may also want to celebrate today in a very American way – going out to eat.
For veterans and active military men and women with an appetite, several Aiken area restaurants will have specials and deals today as a way of saying thank you to the country’s armed services.
• At Aiken Brewing Company, 140 Laurens St., veterans and active military will receive $1 off any food item and $1 off draft beer, liquor and wine every day.
• At Casabella Italian Restaurant, 120 Chesterfield St., veterans and active military will receive 10 percent off their purchase today.
• At Fatz Cafe, 996 Pine Log Road, veterans and active military receive one free dessert and a certificate for $6 off their next visit today.
• At Golden Corral, 2265 Whiskey Road, veterans and active military may eat free from 4 to 9 p.m. today.
• At Groucho’s Deli, 216 University Parkway, veterans and active military will receive 10 percent off their purchase today.
• At O’Charley’s, 168 South Aiken Lane, Any veteran or active military will receive any $9.99 entree for free today.
• At Outback Steakhouse, 160 Aiken Mall Drive, veterans and active military will receive a free blooming onion and cold beverage today, and a military bonus card, which gives users 10 percent off their purchase for each visit from Nov. 14 through Dec. 31.
• At Red Lobster, 950 Aiken Mall Drive, veterans and active military will receive one free appetizer today.
• At Ryan’s Downtown Market and Deli, 106 Laurens St., will offer 10 percent off purchases to veterans today. Active-duty military will also receive a 10 percent discount with a military ID.
If you know of a restaurant offering a special that isn’t listed, call the newsroom at 644-2401.