• A 17-year-old man was detained for disorderly conduct after public safety officers responded to a fight-in-progress call at a motel on Richland Avenue and found the man pushing a car wearing nothing but a pair of boxer shorts. The man had injuries to his foot, shoulder and head and had slurred speech. He was taken to the Aiken County detention center.
• The Aiken Department of Public Safety is investigating a burglary that happened on Berkley Street. The victim told officers she went to bed and left the door unlocked for her son, who was coming in later. She heard the door open around 12:30 a.m. and assumed it was her son, but after waking up in the morning she found that her purse and its contents were taken from a table inside the home.
• The Aiken Department of Public Safety responded to shoplifting incidents at Kroger on Pine Log Road, Dollar General on Richland Avenue, Sears on Whiskey Road and Walmart on Whiskey Road.
• A vehicle was reported stolen from Gaston Road. According to a report, the owner parked the black 2002 GMC Yukon and went to an equestrian event and left the keys and her purse inside the vehicle, which was unlocked.
• A vehicle was reported stolen from the parking lot of Reid’s on York Street. The owner reportedly left the green 1995 Ford F-150 pickup in the parking lot while he went on a day trip.
• A brown 1986 Oldsmobile Cutlass was reported stolen from Kershaw Street.
• A vehicle break-in was reported on Hill Avenue.
• The Aiken County Sheriff’s Office responded to burglaries on Pipeline Road in Aiken, Old Friar Road in Aiken, Springdale Road in Graniteville and Sweetwater Court in North Augusta.
• Vehicle break-ins were reported to the Sheriff’s Office on Monterey Avenue and Ashley Circle in Belvedere, Palmetto Avenue in North Augusta and on Sandlewood Way and Richardsons Lake Road in Warrenville.
• A 28-year-old man was detained for driving under the influence after deputies stopped him on Main Street in Graniteville for failing to maintain his lane.
Notice about comments: