Following is a list that helps me understand our bad economy:
1. Obama’s tax hikes could destroy 700,000 jobs.
2. According to a recent survey, 76 percent of small businesses say that the ObamaCare makes it harder to hire more employees. Although the House has voted to repeal the president’s health care law, and has also successfully repealed slush funds and provisions that hurt small businesses, the Democratic Senate refuses to act on them.
3. President Obama’s policies on energy have made gas and other energy prices double, and the same 76 percent of small business owners say higher energy prices threaten their businesses. The House has passed several bills expanding energy production and stopping policies that drive up prices, including the Stop the War on Coal Act. Unfortunately, these bills remain stuck in the Democratic-controlled Senate.
4. More than four-fifths of small business owners say the $16 trillion debt is affecting job growth. Speaker John Boehner said the House has already begun “the process of reforming our tax code, reducing spending, saving Medicare, and reforming other critical programs that are heading toward bankruptcy” to address our debt. Senate Democrats refuse to act on any of these bills, while the Democratic Party continues to complain of gridlock between the two parties, when they are the dam in the flow of the process.
Senate Democrats have not passed a budget in more than three years.
5. Senate Democrats have not acted on 39 House-passed jobs bills, and Obama is not leading by urging them to do so. Boehner says the president’s failure to lead only spells more uncertainty when Americans can least afford it.
He says middle-class families deserve a president who will get Washington moving on solutions that bring jobs home, clear the cloud of debt, and foster long-term economic growth.
Notice about comments:
Aiken Standard is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point.