• A 40-year-old man was detained for shoplifting after he tried to push a cart with about $480 in merchandise in it from a Walmart store without paying. Aiken Public Safety officers later learned the man was charged and convicted of shoplifting in August.
• The Aiken Department of Public Safety responded to vehicle break-ins on Richland Avenue, Grace Avenue, Driftwood Circle, Audubon Drive, Laurens Street and Barnwell Avenue.
• A burglary was reported at a business on Vaucluse Road. The business owner reported a television and a CD player missing.
• A 24-year-old man was detained for DUI after being pulled over on University Parkway for speeding.
• A 31-year-old man was detained for DUI after Public Safety officers pulled him over for speeding and crossing the center line multiple times.
• The Aiken County Sheriff’s Office responded to vehicle break-ins on Johnson Street and Sudlow Lane in Gloverville.
• A Jackson woman reported that she was robbed while leaving a bar in Jackson. She told deputies that while walking out of the bar, a man grabbed her from behind, took her purse and fled.
• A burglary was reported on Church Street in Beech Island. Electronics, jewelry, clothing and toys were reported missing.
• A break-in was reported on Breeze Hill Drive in Graniteville. The owner reported jewelry, medication and a safe was missing.
Notice about comments: