ANDERSON (AP) — Authorities said a teenage girl was electrocuted by a power line that fell because of a squirrel.
Anderson County Coroner Greg Shore said crews were responding to a call about a grass fire on Thursday night in the Slabtown community when they found 16-year-old Emily Rose Donald.
Shore said Donald was pronounced dead at the scene after coming into contact with the line.
Blue Ridge Electric said the power line fell after smoldering for several hours after a squirrel was electrocuted at the top of a power pole.
S.C. teen electrocuted by downed power line
Notice about comments:
Aiken Standard is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point.