Celebrities react to Angelina Jolie’s revelation Tuesday in a New York Times editorial that she underwent a preventive double mastectomy:
• “Huge prayers for Angelina Jolie & her family as she convalesces & bravo for raising awareness! #GetWellSoonAngie” – Actress Octavia Spencer on Twitter.
• “Angelina Jolie reveals double mastectomy. Proud of her for using her incredible platform to educate women.” – TV personality and breast cancer survivor Giuliana Rancic on Twitter.
• “There is no difference between the star Angelina Jolie and the woman Angelina Jolie. The choices she made even as a director are still strong, when you read what she wrote about her own situation, and we all know that she didn’t do that for herself but as giving an example to all the women on this planet earth who are suffering from the same disease.” – Cannes Film Festival director Thierry Fremaux in a statement.
• “This absolutely blew my mind. Angelina Jolie speaking out about a difficult decision that will inform + empower others.” – Actress Nina Dobrev, on her website.
• “#angelinajolie thank you for sharing your story and helping women around the world #inspirational” – singer and breast cancer survivor Kylie Minogue on Twitter.