People across the country and the world paused to celebrate Veterans Day on Sunday, but many may also want to celebrate today in a very American way – going out to eat.
For veterans and active military men and women with an appetite, several Aiken area restaurants will have specials and deals today as a way of saying thank you to the country’s armed services.
• At Aiken Brewing Company, 140 Laurens St., veterans and active military will receive $1 off any food item and $1 off draft beer, liquor and wine every day.
• At Casabella Italian Restaurant, 120 Chesterfield St., veterans and active military will receive 10 percent off their purchase today.
• At Fatz Cafe, 996 Pine Log Road, veterans and active military receive one free dessert and a certificate for $6 off their next visit today.
• At Golden Corral, 2265 Whiskey Road, veterans and active military may eat free from 4 to 9 p.m. today.
• At Groucho’s Deli, 216 University Parkway, veterans and active military will receive 10 percent off their purchase today.
• At O’Charley’s, 168 South Aiken Lane, Any veteran or active military will receive any $9.99 entree for free today.
• At Outback Steakhouse, 160 Aiken Mall Drive, veterans and active military will receive a free blooming onion and cold beverage today, and a military bonus card, which gives users 10 percent off their purchase for each visit from Nov. 14 through Dec. 31.
• At Red Lobster, 950 Aiken Mall Drive, veterans and active military will receive one free appetizer today.
• At Ryan’s Downtown Market and Deli, 106 Laurens St., will offer 10 percent off purchases to veterans today. Active-duty military will also receive a 10 percent discount with a military ID.
If you know of a restaurant offering a special that isn’t listed, call the newsroom at 644-2401.
Notice about comments:
Aiken Standard is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point.