• A 40-year-old man was detained for shoplifting after he tried to push a cart with about $480 in merchandise in it from a Walmart store without paying. Aiken Public Safety officers later learned the man was charged and convicted of shoplifting in August.
• The Aiken Department of Public Safety responded to vehicle break-ins on Richland Avenue, Grace Avenue, Driftwood Circle, Audubon Drive, Laurens Street and Barnwell Avenue.
• A burglary was reported at a business on Vaucluse Road. The business owner reported a television and a CD player missing.
• A 24-year-old man was detained for DUI after being pulled over on University Parkway for speeding.
• A 31-year-old man was detained for DUI after Public Safety officers pulled him over for speeding and crossing the center line multiple times.
• The Aiken County Sheriff’s Office responded to vehicle break-ins on Johnson Street and Sudlow Lane in Gloverville.
• A Jackson woman reported that she was robbed while leaving a bar in Jackson. She told deputies that while walking out of the bar, a man grabbed her from behind, took her purse and fled.
• A burglary was reported on Church Street in Beech Island. Electronics, jewelry, clothing and toys were reported missing.
• A break-in was reported on Breeze Hill Drive in Graniteville. The owner reported jewelry, medication and a safe was missing.
Notice about comments:
Aiken Standard is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point.