• An Aiken man was detained for driving under the influence after deputies pulled him over for failing to use a turn signal at a stop sign.
• An employee at Pinecrest School reported that her school-issued iPad was taken from her desk.
• A Gloverville man reported that a central air conditioner unit was taken from his home on McDonald Street.
• A car break-in was reported on Kinte Avenue. Someone reportedly slashed one of the tires and broke three windows but did not enter the vehicle.
• An Aiken man reported that someone tried to break into his home on Gregg Avenue. The would-be intruder failed to make entry and ran off, leaving about $100 damage to the door of the home.
• A car break-in was reported in College Acres. The victim reported a handgun missing.
• Three people were detained for malicious injury to real property after they were caught stripping metal from a mobile home on Herron Place.
Notice about comments:
Aiken Standard is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point.